How We Work
We empower our global partners to create their own leading brands as they transform health care and raise the standard of care in their local communities. To accomplish this, we build long-term, collaborative relationships with international organizations who share our vision for drastically improving health care delivery, medical and nursing education, and biomedical research.
We believe that there is no “one size fits all” approach to solving health care challenges. Solutions that might work well for a hospital or health care system in one setting might not be well-suited for another. Our approach is to partner with clients to develop custom solutions that target local and regional needs, challenges and opportunities, while integrating global best practices with the specific strategic, tactical, cultural and logistical requirements of the client.
Knowledge Transfer Model
Partners HealthCare International® (PHI) has access to the world-class globally unmatched expertise available within Partners HealthCare and its major teaching hospitals and education affiliates. Combined with over 100 years of collective international experience of our advisory services experts, we help international clients build locally-relevant, sustainable, scalable and innovative health care institutes, medical centers and education programs, many of which have become regional centers of excellence.
Our core team has vast and varied expertise in areas such as:
- Strategic planning
- Organizational development
- Clinical program planning
- Operations and management
- Health care facilities development
- Clinical workforce development and performance improvement
- Academic and research systems
- Graduate Medical Education
- Quality and Safety
- Clinical and Operational Innovation
- Leadership and Talent Development
Our collaborative model includes partnership with a dedicated senior client team. We primarily use a train-the-trainer model and leadership development approach, with the ultimate goal of our clients becoming self-sustaining centers of excellence. Collaborating organizations become self-sustaining centers of excellence in their own right. Many have gone on to teach and lead other organizations to grow and succeed similarly.
For each new collaboration, PHI assembles a unique project team that brings together the expertise required to meet our partners’ needs.
A typical project team includes:
- One or more executive team members who provide senior oversight
- A project leader who serves as the primary director, provides expertise as required, and works closely with their client counterpart to ensure that the project meets objectives
- A program manager
- A program coordinator
- Relevant subject matter experts (SMEs), including clinicians, researchers, and administrators, from throughout the Partners HealthCare system.