Facility Planning & Development
For more than 20 years Partners HealthCare International® (PHI) has been a global leader in helping clients plan, design and develop world class, leading healthcare institutions around the world, including:
- Networked hospital systems
- Academic Medical Centers
- General hospitals
- Specialty hospitals and facilities; for example oncology, cardiovascular, neuroscience, ophthalmology & otolaryngology, women’s health & IVF, pediatrics, mental health (including substance abuse treatment), rehabilitation & post-acute care
- Health Sciences Education, including schools of medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, public health and other health professionals.
Our expertise spans both developing greenfield facilities, pre-planning through mature operations, and reforming existing ones. We work closely with our clients to create solutions that meet their local needs and include both international standards and the unique expertise of the Partners system.
We ideally partner with clients as early as possible, and we typically provide assistance at four critical stages of development:
- Initial planning for clinical programs, facilities, organizational structures, health information systems, and other critical components
- Project development and refinement of clinical program plans, facility plans, medical equipment plans, IT infrastructure plans, staffing and training plans, and quality and safety program plans
- Commissioning and start-up of operations, including transition planning, major equipment commissioning, operational implementation, leadership and staff development, and other key preparations
- Operations and growth assistance, including strategic oversight and assistance, further leadership and staff development, quality improvement and accreditation preparation